Monday, May 11, 2009

Big update to catch up

Alright people! I have been away from blogging for a bit, due to a lot of craziness. I am back now, and promise to get back to posting regularly for any of you who are still my faithful readers. This post is going to be a whirlwind, its basically just going to be a snapshot overview of the last 3 weeks of my life, I hope you all enjoy Just as background, the reason life got so hectic and crazy for me was because I drove out to Calgary to kick off my family's move out west, leaving my wife and son back in Guelph to sell our house. That's where it all gets interesting...

Yes my beloved Flames lost out in their series to the Chicago Blackhawks, culminating in yet another frustrating first round exit for the fourth straight year. I'm expecting big things this year in terms of coach firing's, and key tweaking in players to finally get that culture in the locker room that will push us over the edge.

During the first week of May, my wife and son came out to visit me for a week. It was the best week ever, as I miss them soo much. Jody ran around shopping for houses and got a drastically different haircut (it looks good). Then that weekend I had my annual golf weekend out in BC, where I surprisingly improved in my game, but it still needs a lot of work. While I was golfing Jody and the boy came out and went sight seeing with Grandma and Auntie Manda. After the golfing was over we took a trip up to Kimberly, BC to visit my Aunt Karen, Uncle Steve, and cousin James. Colton became absolutely infatuated with their big lab Echo. She was really good with him, licking and chasing him around the house. He was in heaven. Whenever he was eating he would look for her to come over so that he could share his food. I got to take a ride in my uncles sweet Corvette at 180 km/h, talk about adrenaline rush. The following morning Uncle Steve took us around to the many scenic views in Kimberly, and Jody was able to take some great pictures. The picture for this post is one she took of me and my boy at St. Mary's lake I believe. It was an awesome trip and Steve, Karen, and James were excellent hosts. (By the way James, you and I will have to have a Lacrosse rematch)

On May 5th Jody and Colton returned back to Guelph, much to my heartache; and I came down with a nasty cold that put me out of commission until pretty much now. Upon returning to Guelph, Jody and I decided to list our home with a real estate agent to try and speed up our sale. We got on with a really motivated, go getter of an agent, and 12 hours into our listing we already had 3 showings and one offer compared to 1 showing and 0 offers in four weeks listing with Property Guys (sale by owner company). So we are really hopeful that our house will be sold before the month is out. My fingers are crossed, as I'm dying to have my family back.

I hope everyone did something for Mothers day. For Jody, we had a nice lunch together and she got tickets to go see Keith Urban. For my mom all her kids cooked dinner for her and showered her with love (she's been sick all week with the cold). I want to say thank you to all the mothers in my life. You all know who you are. You are all so special, and I owe you so much. Were it not for each and every one of you, I would not be who I am today. I love you all so very much!

Till next time, take care everyone.