BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, September 10, 2010

Let the Games Begin

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. I never post anymore. I'm very sorry people. It wasn't intentional. I don't even know where to start really. This summer was the summer of endless travel. I went to Montreal twice, Chicago twice, Dallas twice, Houston once, L.A. once. All in all including the driving to other towns outside of these major centres, I think I've covered over 10,000 miles this summer in travel. If you are wondering why all the travel, it was for work. I had to go and supervise a bunch of loading, unloading, and demonstrations of my company's equipment. It has been exhaustive, thankless, and stressful, but there were also a lot of good moments too. I got to see some really neat places I may never have seen had I not done this traveling. I also met a lot of really great people, and perhaps made some network contacts for the future. (For anybody wanting to know what I do, go to www.raildecks.com. It's the company my dad and I started a few years back.) All in all, while there were tough parts of it, it was a good summer.
In other news Jody, Colton and I are anxiously awaiting the arrival of the newest addition to our little family. We've decided on a name of Hayden Denver Crane. He's due October 5th, although I'm sure mommy won't mind if he comes a little earlier. he's quite an active little guy, as it seems Jody's tummy never stops moving. We've almost got his nursery set up, and Colton is trying to potty-train so that the baby can have the diapers... ha, ha, ha. It should be interesting, although I can't believe I will be a father again! Two boys, does it get any better? Hockey season is going to be so much fun around our house.
Moving on... life has been going steady and fast for our family, with no shortage of surprises. Our next biggest adventure starts this Friday, I will be leaving my job in pursuit of my education. That's right, I'm stepping away from my company to go back to school full time and complete my education. I have decided I would like to attend Mount Royal University here in Calgary in their Communications Program. I'll be pursuing a degree that should land my in the Broadcasting/Journalism field. Watch out people, you're looking at the future face of TSN's SportCenter... hopefully, one day. It's kind of crazy to think about, and I can't believe I'm doing it this late in life. My poor family, they'll be seeing a lot more of daddy around the house from now on. Perhaps, I'm crazy. Maybe I've lost my mind. We shall see. I'll begin in general studies in January, then transfer into the Communications program when it open up again next fall. Wish me luck.
Other than that, the excitement never stops for us. Colton and I are looking forward to the start of another Flames regular season. Hopefully the boys can pull their boots up for a full 82 games this year and actually make some noise in the playoffs. Here's hopin'. Jody continues her wonderful photography business in Calgary. She's had quite a bit of success lately with some great newborn shoots and family portraits. Obviously her availability will drop for the next little bit when the baby comes along, but still, there's no better time to book her for shoots in the new year! Check her out at www.jacphotography.ca to book her, and see some of her latest work on her blog at www.jacphotography.blogspot.com. You can also follow her on Facebook J.A.C. Photography. Ok, I think that covers all the plugs I can do for her.
Alright people, until my next post, you all take care. Wanna know when my next post will be? Well, you'll just have to keep coming back and checking.....

0 comments: